Posted by Architecture for Humanity on May 2, 2014
Related program: Job Opportunities
Location: San Francisco, CA
Start Date: Immediate
Position Type: Part-Time Contract, 15 hours/week
Fields of interest: Humanitarian Aid Services, Humanitarian Architecture, International Development
Compensation: Competitive rate commensurate with experience
About Architecture for Humanity
Architecture for Humanity creates solutions to global humanitarian challenges through the power of design. We provide vulnerable communities with vital, innovative and most of all community-driven architectural, planning and construction services.
For 15 years, Architecture for Humanity has produced community centered design in dozens of countries. We’ve built schools in Haiti after the devastating 2010 earthquake, completed sports based community centers across Africa in partnership with FIFA, and been a leader in the global conversation in humanitarian architecture and sustainability.
Minimum Grant Size: $250,000
Some grants up to $1M+
Responsible for writing proposals primarily for restricted projects (with some unrestricted operating revenue grants). The Grant Writer will work closely with other Development Staff under the supervision of the New Program Development Manager.
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with program team to gather information necessary to complete program proposals.
- Understanding of institutional history and programs.
- Generate thank you and acknowledgement letters for all donations and payments and ensure they are issued in a timely way
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Minimum of three years experience in grant writing with a strong track record of getting proposals funded.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of international development, humanitarian architectural practices, and community engagement helpful but not required.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
How to Apply
How to Apply
If interested, email a cover letter and resume to Audrey Galo, New Program Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Contract Grant Writer in the subject line.