Posted by Architecture for Humanity on Apr 18, 2014
Related program: Job Opportunities
Location: San Francisco, California (Architecture for Humanity headquarters)
Start Date: Immediate preferred
Type: Paid Position
Commitment: Full Time
Position(s) available: 1
Application Deadline: Accepting applications for immediate openings
Architecture for Humanity is an international nonprofit design services firm founded in 1999. We are seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join a team that is bringing a difference to the lives of millions of people through design, construction and development services to communities in need around the world.
We’re seeking a Senior Accountant who thrives in a dynamic environment involving multiple priorities/tasks. The Senior Accountant will have full responsibility of the accounting and finance related functions, such as managing the general ledger, A/P, A/R, revenue recognition and billing, monthly close, financial reporting, audit support, and ad hoc projects.
Programs & Other Projects
- 3 years of senior accounting experience
- 5 years of overall accounting experience
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant
- Non- profit industry experience is a plus
- Strong MS Excel
Salary depending on experience. Architecture for Humanity offers an excellent benefits package that includes 100% coverage for medical, and also offers dental, vision, 403(b) and other work-life benefits.
Email your resume and cover letter to
jobs+SrAccountant@architectureforhumanity.org. Please include Senior Acct in the subject line of your email.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. We participate in the E-Verify program.