In 2009, Architecture for Humanity and Nike Inc’s Sustainable Business & Innovation established a revolving grants program that has funded the design and construction of innovative, sustainable and safe places to play. The goal was to provide capital to implement these structures in communities that are typically overlooked.
Projects, located in rural, semi-rural or urban areas, address one or more of the following key areas:
- Improved access to opportunities to participate in sport
- Removal of physical, economic, social and gender barriers to participation in sport
- Improved social cohesion
- Improved physical activity
- Provides innovative alternatives to play spaces for communities that lack resources
- Positively affects the environment or reduces negative environmental impact of sport-related initiatives
- Opportunities for social and economic empowerment generated by the project
Grant Recipients In Action
View GAMECHANGERS in a larger map
Go to: http://gamechangers.architectureforhumanity.org/ for more information.